Friday, May 2, 2008

Wow!

On Wednesday they threw a baby shower for me at work. It was so amazing, I was completely overwhelmed. My team put it together and everyone really went above and beyond for me. Of course, not liking to be the center of attention I did everything I could to subconsiously sabotage the entire thing. It should have been at 2:30 in the afternoon, when a sneaky department meeting was scheduled, and I had been feeling my entire abdomen tighten up all morning about every 13 or 14 minutes. Since I was stopping at the OB's office at lunch to pick up some paperwork I thought I'd ask them about it, just to be safe. They scheduled an appointment for me to come in and by the time I was done I was over in the hospital having a non-stress test.


Everything turned out fine, probably just dehydration or stress, so needless to say I was an hour and a half late for my own shower!


When I got home Z helped me stack up all the gifts on the table and we took some pictures. He was so shocked and surprised by everything, he couldn't believe it. I do work with a lot of great people, I'm pretty lucky!


Here is the cake:





Who's excited? I AM!



And here is the spread at home:




Who loves cake? Z DOES!
Thanks so much to everyone there, it was really pretty awesome! A perfect way to start my maternity leave, which began on Thursday.

No comments: