Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Big 3-0



30 weeks. And I'm starting to feel every one of them. So far I have been home on modified bed rest for a whole week. Thankfully they have been able to allow me to work from home on a part-time basis supporting a project, so I haven't gone completely insane. I am proud to say that so far I haven't watched one soap opera, but I have watched at least a hundred or so episodes of Bringing Home Baby, A Baby Story, Amazing Births, Special Delivery and The Baby Diaries. Notice a theme here?

My OB appointment on Tuesday went well.

Blood Pressure was fine. Urine dip was fine. Cervix was fine, again, thank you very much. Total weight gain is at 40 lbs. I asked what the chances were of me avoiding a C-Section because baby A is in the right position right now, even though baby B is not cooperating (men). It turns out the answer is mixed. There are two doctors in the practice who are experienced delivering breech babies. Among the rest of them are doctors who have some experience and doctors who have none at all. So I guess there could be a lot of surprises on the big day. I don't have my heart set either way, both avenues are equally traumatic, I'd just like to know what I'm in for. Luckily for my next appointment in two weeks I'll be seeing one of the two old school doctors, he is also the same doctor who did my Hysterosalpingogram last year (if you are one of my male co-workers I would advise against googling that phrase, for your own sake). We'll have so much to reminisce about.


My sister M gave me a Maternity Support thingy back in February when she came for a visit. It has become my new BFF. When I first saw it I honestly thought I wouldn't need it. Why did I think that? Maybe because I've never been pregnant with twins before and could not have been more naive. I didn't know how to use it so I had to go online, hoping I could find their website for some info. If you do go to the website (this one is safe, male co-workers) you'll see they have step by step pictures and even a video! Turns out I was trying to put it on backwards. The funniest thing is that the pictures of the women look like they were taken in 1974. And I know for a fact that Al Gore hadn't invented the Internet yet. Also the claim that it can't be seen under your clothing is a flat out lie. Unless you're wearing a mu mu or clothes from 1974. Anyway it is comfortable and I feel much better. Thank you so much, M.

No comments: